June 7, 2007

Video Volunteers - movin'ahead!

As some of you know, I spent almost half a year working with video volunteers in india in 2006, where i was producing short promotional videos about the Community Video Programs they have initiated there. The most recent in date was about "Hamari Awaaz" (Our voice), a community video unit based in Mumbai, and can be viewed on this blog in the previous post.
Aside from shooting video and accompanying the Community Producers in their work, I also took a lot of photographs - some of which were published in the october issue of Frontline, a leading journal covering socio-political issues and news in India.
I just took a tour on Video Volunteers website recently, and to my great surprise I discovered that many of my pics were used to illustrate the CVU programs !!! It has nothing to do with "amour propre" or pride, but just a joy marked by the fact that my adoptive indian family of social activits and filmmakers like my work! Take a tour onto their site NOW !! Participatory Media will soon swarm your neighborhoods!!!

The case for Video & Social Change

No comments: